The controversy surrounding coffee whether it’s healthy or not has long been doing the rounds. Advocates claim its brain-boosting abilities and antioxidant activities, while detractors say it just causes you indigestion, insomnia, and even increased blood pressure and heart rate. But the most recent wave of clinical evidence rings good news for all coffee lovers out there!
Here are 5 healthy reasons why it is healthy to drink coffee.
1. Coffee is a powerful source of good antioxidants. In fact, it is proven to have more antioxidant activities than two of the most powerful antioxidants: cocoa and green tea. According to scientists, there are more than 1,000 antioxidants found in unprocessed coffee beans, and this figure multiplies once the roasting process begins.
Antioxidants have long been medically-proven to fight inflammation, the core cause of various chronic conditions like atherosclerosis, arthritis, and different types of cancer. They also help offset free radicals; something that’s part of our daily metabolic functions, but can somehow cause oxidative stress leading to chronic diseases. Simply put, antioxidants help the body at the micro-level by keeping the cells away from damage.
2. Coffee is good for your heart. One Dutch research, which analyzed data of almost 40,000 in a span of 13 years, found that those (moderate) coffee drinkers who can have two to four cups daily had lower risks of heart disease by 20% as compared to those heavy or non-drinkers. There have been proven shreds of evidence supporting coffee as a healthy drink to protect against common arterial damages brought about by inflammation.
3. Coffee is good for your liver. Drinking coffee is linked to lower occurrences of cirrhosis, most importantly, alcoholic cirrhosis. The Archives of Internal Medicine conducted a study which showed an inverse connection between decreased risks of cirrhosis and increased coffee consumption—there is a twenty per cent decrease for every cup of coffee consumed.
4. Coffee can improve your exercise performance. For the longest time, we have been made to believe how coffee can cause dehydration, making it the primary reason why fitness experts don’t advise people to drink coffee—pre and post workout. However, a recent study shows that drinking up to five cups a day will not cause dehydration. In fact, having caffeine in the body can help deal with fatigue, and in turn, gives you more energy to exercise.
5. Coffee controls depression. A lot of studies have linked coffee and depression, saying heavy coffee drinkers tend to have lesser risks of depression by up to 20 per cent. While researchers have yet to provide a valid report on how coffee can stave off depression, it’s been known how caffeine activates the brain’s neurotransmitter including serotonin and dopamine.
The many health benefits of drinking coffee regularly are definitely exciting news. Still, moderation is important. Today, more and more people are understanding the many advantages of coffee. Thus, coffee makers, espresso makers, and drip coffee machines sell like hotcakes.
To have the best products for your early morning coffee fix, visit coffemachineking.com to find the most suitable machine for your caffeine overload.