The key to making a startup successful in real life is to have a proper realistic goal and a desire to achieve the same.
Business strategies, however petty it might appear to be are an absolute key to making the impossible possible within a short amount of time. As a startup entrepreneur, you need to get your basic business fundamentals right first and then move over to more complex issues.
In this article, I have discussed these very basic business fundamentals in greater detail which is something that can definitely come in handy for you if you are serious enough to turn your startup into a success in the foreseeable future. So let’s go through them without further ado.
First things first
Before we delve right into our business fundamentals in thorough details, let’s see what these are in a single paragraph. That would make our task easier.
The basic business fundamentals usually consist of 4 things that are:
- A sound Strategy
- An exquisite company culture
- Proper planning and execution
- A strong structure
Get all the aforementioned factors right and you will definitely achieve your dream in no time. It might look very easy on paper (or should I say your device screen?) but trust me, it definitely isn’t.
So how can you get these four right in the best possible way? Let’s see.
Do you know the key to making a strategy click? You, alone cannot make a strategy click even if you put in a humungous effort on your own. You need a few helping hands. Therefore, you need to make sure that each and every one of your employee knows your strategy in thorough details.
Your strategy should also reflect a clearly defined and easily comprehensible goal. All these things MUST be communicated in advance to everybody associated with your company. Only then it will be possible for you to turn your strategy into a success.
Here are a few strategy-framing tips for you:
- Your business strategy should focus primarily on your customers. Place yourself in your customers’ shoes. Do you think you’ll value your strategy from that point of view? If you do, go ahead with it.
- Gut instinct is a big no-no as far as framing business strategies are concerned. So don’t base your strategies on gut instinct or to go with the flow. An example should clear this thing up.
You have probably heard of all those chatbots already. They are automated programs with a built-in AI that can communicate exquisitely with people in such a way that people won’t even realize that they are talking to a machine. The chatbot technology has taken over the world. But do you really need it? Don’t just go for it to go with the flow. That’s the only thing that I am trying to convey through this point here.
- And lastly, I would advise you to be open to new ideas. Such a flexible mindset can go a long way indeed.
Your startup won’t survive without a productive company culture. So try and build up a decent company culture via productive HR policies.
- Encourage your employees to give their best in jobs irrespective of it is significant or not.
- Inculcate incentives based on performance.
- Ask your employees to take individual credit for their own work.
- Recognize them for individual achievements.
- Structure a sound safety policy to create a safe workplace.
Your business operations are your asset and should be a flawless working condition if you want to deliver flawless service to your customers in particular. Here are a few more tips for you that are related particularly to business execution:
- Try to meet your customer’s expectations. In case, you fail, learn from the mistake and rectify it immediately.
- Recycle products to increase revenues and decrease pollution.
- Try to provide impeccable customer service to the best of your abilities. It’s something that can really make a difference.
The structure of your company should be made in such a manner such that it reduces all form of bureaucracies and concentrate simply on work.
- Encourage cooperation in your workplace.
- Introduce a library (digital or physical) as a knowledge-sharing hub.
- Encourage employee growth.
Remember a business cannot be established in a single day. It requires a whole lot of time and effort. Getting the fundamentals right is just the start. But once you get that right to perfection, more success will surely follow. With that, I’ll sign off for the day. Hope you had a good and useful read.