With web design you can create your own websites. It can be a complicated process. Luckily for web designers, you now have access to a plethora of material that makes web designing easier. Take a look at these apps and browser extensions that will make your job as a web designer easier.
The HTML Validator app is an extension that can be added to Firefox and Mozilla. It is a combination of Tidy and OpenSP. Both online html validators. When HTML validator is active, you are able to check your HTML and CSS for errors without running it through a separate webpage. When you run the app, CSS and HTML errors will be shown in the error panel. It will offer suggestions on how to fix the errors. When you click on the error, the incorrect code is highlighted which allows you to find the errors easily. By clicking on the âclean upâ link, the code will be fixed automatically.
Web Developer Toolbar
The Web developer toolbar is an extension that can be added to Chrome and Firefox. The toolbar adds various handy web developer tools to your browser. The web developer toolbar allows you to
- Manipulate your HTML and see changes to your webpage in real time (Miscellaneous>open small text editor>make changes to HTML). Changes are not permanent. You will need to copy and paste any changes to your code before exiting the browser.
- Instantly send your webpage to a CSS and HTML editor.
- Use tools to help you write CSS code.
- Check how fast your webpage will load on multiple internet connections. It will give you tips on how to cut down the loading time.
- The ability to make changes to your webpage in real time. You will need to copy and paste any changes before closing the browser.
- The ability to view your code as an outline that allows you to view the code as a whole or in its individual parts.
- The inspect mode allows you to hover over items on a page and see the corresponding code.
- The ability to click next to a CSS property to disable it. This will allow you to view what it looks like without that element.
While creating a website can be a complicated process. There are programs, apps, and browser extensions out there that will make your job as an experienced or budding web designer easier. By utilizing online or local HTML classes and web designing apps, you will be on your way to creating a phenomenal website.