If you already have a blog promoting your local business to the community, then you understand how crucial blogging is as a part of your marketing campaign for your company. Blogging provides another way for potential leads and clients to find your services online, while providing relevant information that is important to the consumer.
By now, your blog should be doing the following things:
- Generating leads based on searches for keywords in your blog posts.
- Establishing yourself as an expert in your field with up to date information and insight in your particular industry.
- Ensuring your business gets maximum visibility through online video distribution sites and letting readers know about new posts.
The key to a successful and searchable blog is consistency. At a minimum, you should be posting once a week, but two to three times a week is best. Once you have made a commitment to a regular posting schedule, there are several other options at your disposal that can increase your online visibility. Utilizing the suggestions below will enable you to tap in to a bigger and more varied market than you have been able to tap in to before.
3 Ways To Get More Blog Visibility
1. Use Online Directories. These are a great way to promote new websites and blogs in an increasingly competitive Internet market. The directories are separated by category, so by submitting your blog to an online directory, people searching for industry-specific information are able to find your posts.
2. Use Social Media. Social media is everywhere and millions of users are on these sites daily. If you haven’t already, set your company up with Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook profiles immediately. People are constantly browsing these sites searching for information that you have to offer. Promote your blog by using those pages for updating your followers when you write a new post.
3. Use Social Bookmarking. Resources like StumbleUpon and Delicious are huge players in the social bookmarking field. Bookmarking allows users to organize, store and share links to favorite websites. You can participate by tagging and sharing other posts you find relevant. The more you share, the more often your own blog get moved around the interwebs which gets you more visibility.
Keep in mind that blogging and gaining a following takes time. Don’t expect overnight success or you will set yourself up for failure. Commit to a blog plan and invest your time in promoting it. Once you get the ball rolling, the traffic will come. The new leads generated for your local business will prove invaluable!
November 23, 2011 at 6:31 am
Nice post, attracting readers to the blog is most important thing in blogging.
November 23, 2011 at 8:01 am
Social media is very effective nowadays! Especially if you advertise your blog on Facebook and Twitter. This is because there are many viewers that surfs this social networking sites!
November 23, 2011 at 10:47 am
If it’s a blog another good way to get more exposure is to submit your blog feed to RSS directories. The traffic will be a bit low but after you do it once you get the rewards for a long time.
November 25, 2011 at 2:28 am
I honestly can’t remember when it was the last time I’ve used a directory to find something :/
But they are a source for some additional backlinks which can’t be a bad thing, wouldn’t you agree? 🙂
November 25, 2011 at 4:36 am
Nice post Chris.
Social bookmarking is so easy and fast that it would be plain dumb if you don’t make use of it.
November 25, 2011 at 10:31 pm
I’m glad you pointed out the time required to develop a following… blogging does require patience and persistence.
November 30, 2011 at 9:46 pm
Nice post. I have not used social bookmarking but social media and directories work great. With social media, the trick is to taylor your content to the audience aka followers. Keep your posts relavent and people will click away.
December 9, 2011 at 1:00 pm
In social bookmarking, the digg is very powerful site for bookmarking. Digg can drive a lot of traffic to your blog if your blog post gets to the main page.
December 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm
That is great advice for the newbie. Everyone seems to think that they just set up their website, start blogging and they will be over run with traffic. They need to know what to expect in the beginning. They also need to know that it is like everything else in life, it takes time, commitment and effort. Social media is a big boon to help you out quickly, though and seems to be growing in strength everyday. Your article has some good points.