If you already have a blog promoting your local business to the community, then you understand how crucial blogging is as a part of your marketing campaign for your company. Blogging provides another way for potential leads and clients to find your services online, while providing relevant information that is important to the consumer.
By now, your blog should be doing the following things:
- Generating leads based on searches for keywords in your blog posts.
- Establishing yourself as an expert in your field with up to date information and insight in your particular industry.
- Ensuring your business gets maximum visibility through online video distribution sites and letting readers know about new posts.
The key to a successful and searchable blog is consistency. At a minimum, you should be posting once a week, but two to three times a week is best. Once you have made a commitment to a regular posting schedule, there are several other options at your disposal that can increase your online visibility. Utilizing the suggestions below will enable you to tap in to a bigger and more varied market than you have been able to tap in to before.
3 Ways To Get More Blog Visibility
1. Use Online Directories. These are a great way to promote new websites and blogs in an increasingly competitive Internet market. The directories are separated by category, so by submitting your blog to an online directory, people searching for industry-specific information are able to find your posts.
2. Use Social Media. Social media is everywhere and millions of users are on these sites daily. If you haven’t already, set your company up with Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook profiles immediately. People are constantly browsing these sites searching for information that you have to offer. Promote your blog by using those pages for updating your followers when you write a new post.
3. Use Social Bookmarking. Resources like StumbleUpon and Delicious are huge players in the social bookmarking field. Bookmarking allows users to organize, store and share links to favorite websites. You can participate by tagging and sharing other posts you find relevant. The more you share, the more often your own blog get moved around the interwebs which gets you more visibility.
Keep in mind that blogging and gaining a following takes time. Don’t expect overnight success or you will set yourself up for failure. Commit to a blog plan and invest your time in promoting it. Once you get the ball rolling, the traffic will come. The new leads generated for your local business will prove invaluable!