Image via Gartner
This shows there is plenty to gain from making efforts to improve the customer service experience in your company. I’ll show you some of the most effective ways to do it.
3 Ways to Improve Customer Experience
Providing a great customer experience makes your customers feel heard and valued. They develop trust towards your brand that is sure to boost customer loyalty and turn them into brand advocates.
1. Provide Proactive Customer Service
Improve customer service experience by being proactive in providing support.
This means anticipating the customers’ problems and addressing them before they contact you for assistance.
You can also create a knowledge base that customers can use to find answers to their problems independently.
A deep understanding of your customers’ needs can help you achieve this.
Know what frustrates them, the pains that keep them from completing the purchasing process, and what holds them back from making repeat purchases.
Undertake continuous research about your customers and keep up with their changing needs and priorities.
- Conduct a customer journey analysis. It’ll shed light on touchpoints that create friction
- Solicit feedback. You can use an online survey, poll, or ask for reviews
- Use Google Analytics to track customers’ interactions with your website
- Implement social media listening. Use social media marketing tools to gather insights from consumer conversations about your brand, products, or services
Use the data you gather to create a proactive customer service strategy.
2. Personalize Customer Service
Personalization is an easy step you can take to improve your customer service experience and enhance the bond with your customers.
Besides, research data shows that 68% of customers expect all experiences to be personalized.
How can you achieve this?
Make use of online resources like Zendesk.
Zendesk is a customer service software tool and sales CRM that provides robust customer service and customer data management.
Use the tool to analyze customers’ past activity, their purchase behavior, and draw insights about their preferences. Use this to provide personalized solutions.
You can take these simple steps:
- Address each customer by name
- Provide custom quotes
- Provide personalized product recommendations
- Send personalized follow-up communications
- Provide customized discounts and offers
The aim, here, is to show each customer that you understand their needs as an individual.
3. Provide Fast and Efficient Services
Improve customer service experience by offering quick solutions. Timely solutions can prevent customers’ frustrations from escalating.
Here are some measures you can take:
- Use a chatbot to provide instant responses. The chatbot can also make personalized recommendations based on the customer’s web activity and past inquiries.
- Provide multiple channels for your customers to reach out to your brand. This can be phone, social media, email, live chat, etc. Allow customers to choose the channel that’s most convenient for them
- Ensure your team can identify and prioritize time-sensitive customer issues
- Communicate expected response times. Let the customer know when an issue is taking longer than expected
- Invest in customer support agent training. Use online course platforms to create training for your customer agents that continuously sharpens their skills. It can help reduce the average resolution time
Implement the Right Strategies to Improve Your Brand’s Customer Service Experience
These strategies can help you provide an improved customer service experience, leading to increased customer lifetime value.
Here’s a quick recap.
Be proactive in providing solutions and provide personalized experiences. Ensure your customer services are fast without sacrificing professionalism.