Search engine optimization (SEO) as a term describes a process in which, by following the rules of the search engine, websites reach optimal visibility to draw and acquire a higher number of visitors.
For example, when using Google, we first get the links to the most quality web pages that contain the word or a sentence that we have searched.
SEO allows your website to reach out to a specific group of people, the ones that have a great interest in goods, information, services, or similar that your site offers. So even if online casinos take advantage of SEO to offer casino apps for real money to players, it is of utmost importance that in this manner, you dismiss your competitors to lower level.
The goal is also to reach a better position for the website and to strengthen its traffic through organic (natural) search results on the major internet search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and similar.
SEO is one of the essential services when it comes to search engine rankings and represents a method of extending the number of visits to a website by obtaining a high place for its pages in search results — Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) on search engines.
SEO Optimization of Websites — Meaning and Importance
SEO is there to help websites be better positioned so that they can be quickly recognized by using keywords to optimize them. It also helps you to pertain your goals with the help of your website, even under challenging conditions.
Nowadays, SEO is of more significant importance because of the big competition in the world markets. Millions of internet users are in constant search for answers to their questions or problems.
Until 2013, SEO optimization was based on keywords that were important for the website to rank it or just find it as a reply on an individual inquiry. Since Google’s algorithms, Panda (2011) and Penguin (2012) came out, sense, significance, tactics, and optimization strategies for search engines have undergone significant and radical changes. The best tactic for site optimization became the one that focuses on defining and meeting the key needs of your target group (visitors) when searching.
SEO today is essential for website owners because:
- Users are inclined to choose one of the five first suggestions on the search results page.
- To get visitors to your website, you need to be in the top ten search results.
- SEO places you in front of your competition. If two sites offer or sell the same goods, the better-optimized one will have an advantage. A website like that will always have more clients and a better position for their offer.
- SEO optimized websites provide reliable results. Without it, frequent traffic over the site would not necessarily mean more income. With SEO, you avoid the risk of losing your time and money.
- In the absence of SEO, the accomplishment of your goals will be harder, which can often lead to unpleasant surprises.
- The users have faith in search engines. If the website has a high rank, after the keywords that users search for, they see that as proof of its quality. People gladly visit such websites, and they promote them without hesitation on high-valued social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and similar.
The purpose of SEO optimization is to create a great and impeccable user experience. It is also the direct communication over the browser so that users can easily and swiftly recommend your site. In the end, one of the reasons is that the inquiry in the search engine or browser directly links people to your website.
Organic SEO represents a phrase that describes the process of securing natural (organic) placement of a website’s pages in regular search engine results. Organic optimization includes keywords, link building, and especially backlinking in order to create content for actual people, and not for machines.
It is of great importance to comprehend that SEO optimization requests you to strictly uphold SEO rules to achieve long-term, valuable results. Primarily, SEO is there to fulfill the needs of a website’s visitors, and then, the search engine that determines the rankings of the site in question on the internet.
Let’s look at the website as a birthday cake. Outer and inner links, SEM (Search Engine Marketing), and social media are the icing on the cake and the cream. The site’s content, info architecture, CMS (Content Management System), and infrastructure serve as everything else. In this case, SEO represents sugar in the cake, an ingredient without which it would be flavorless and inedible.
Hyperlink — Link
Hyperlink or link is a referent point on someone else’s web page, document or part of the website. Clicking on it will take you to that exact spot where the link is located. Links are always displayed in color, often in light blue, or as underlined words (sentences).
You can always check if the highlighted word is a link by holding the cursor over the text. If it’s a link, the arrow of the cursor will be in the shape of a hand with an extended index finger. Links and their functionality are the most crucial factor for SEO optimization of websites.
Content Management System (CMS)
CMS is a system that manages content on web pages of the site. It is placed on a platform that supports CMS.
WordPress is the most popular platform for CMS. It includes two applications:
- Content Management App (CMA) — serves users who do not know “Hypertext Markup Language” (HTML-web address) and is used to manage content. CMA involves creation, modification, and removal of content from a website without great expertise.
- Content Delivery App (CDA) — uses the collected information to update web pages.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
SEM is marketing on the internet by promoting and increasing the visibility of websites on
Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) through paid advertisement. The main goal is to increase the pay-per-click (PPC) by adjusting the content of the site to reach a high position in the search.
In this article, only a small number of questions about SEO optimization for websites are answered so that you can better understand the meaning and importance of SEO for your website, and consequently, to your business.
Do not forget the importance of homepage design and visual content for attracting visitors and increasing the number of visits to your web pages, all to show the high quality of your site as your real profit! Using SEO will put the wind into your sails!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.