Casino software providers are large IT companies that design various solutions for gambling websites. They cooperate with casino operators and allow gamblers to play online games. That’s why it’s essential to learn not only about casinos but about providers as well – they define the quality of games and other services.
If you visit Playtech, NetEnt, or Microgaming casinos, you can be sure about their reputation, as these are the most famous and experienced companies which create gaming software. They differ a lot but all of them have key features of a trustworthy provider. Let’s find out more.
What is casino software?
Simply put, software stands for various applications and extensions. Small software providers create non-platform solutions (games only). They provide casino operators with slots or poker rooms for the fixed pay. Big companies develop full-fledged casino platforms which include not only games but tools for customer service, money transfer, promotions, management and marketing.
The content may be downloadable and web-based.
The first type requires some free space on a gambler’s computer but also features more games with a smoother interface. Web versions are simpler and allow gambling from any place. While downloadable systems are based on Java
mostly, there are some that work on Flash or HTML5.
What are the key features of a great software provider?
- High quality. Including graphics, sound, and interfaces of games.
- Huge selection. At least, 100 different titles.
- Various bonuses. Surely, with fair terms and conditions.
- Compatibility. Smooth functioning on PC, smartphone, tablet.
- Solid experience. At least, 5 years of presence on the market.
Now let’s check how major providers match these criteria.
Microgaming is a pioneer in the online gambling industry. The provider has been working since 1994 when it launched the world’s first web-based casino called The Gaming Club. Now, the company works with more than 700 casino operators and has more than 500 unique games. With various restyled versions, this number may even reach 850. In addition, developers design one new game each month. According to MicroYes.co.uk, the diverse game selection and enticing bonuses offered by Microgaming create a complex and fulfilling gambling experience.
The experienced Microgaming team has launched several unique systems so far:
- Quickfire. The platform which combines the best company’s games with management modules. Casino operators may choose the exact configurations they want.
- Viper. The innovative platform with bright features like autoplay, multiplayer, assistance mode, software upgrades. It has the version you can download to your device and the one working on Flash.
- Live Dealers. Microgaming has its own remote studios including branded Playboy locations. Employees even watch videos of their games to improve skills.
- Progressive Jackpots. The company has a large system which combines all slots from all operators to create huge jackpot pools. Winnings are often estimated in tens of millions dollars.
- Poker Network. One of the oldest global poker systems was launched in 2003. Now it features regular tournaments and promotions, mini-games, and a seamless interface.
Microgaming is also well-known for their regular slots – there are branded ones (Game of Thrones, Jurassic World) and ones of their own design (Avalon, Mega Moolah). Different versions of roulettes, card games, and sportsbooks are available too.
Verdict: Microgaming is a great choice for newcomers – there’s a huge selection of casino operators offering their products.
This provider came up a bit later than Microgaming – in 1996. The company’s stocks are traded on the Stockholm Exchange. At the moment, NetEnt has over 200 games and focuses on creating slots with brand titles, such as Jumanji, South Park, or Planet of the Apes. There are famous series of NetEnt slots dedicated to rock bands:
Guns n’ Roses, Motörhead, and Jimi Hendrix. As for notable features, NetEnt is known for:
- VR slots. NetEnt is the first large software company which started working on a VR real-money game (Gonzo’s Quest).
- Pooled Jackpot. This feature is similar to the progressive jackpot. NetEnt’s Mega Fortune holds the Guinness Record of a €17.86 million prize.
- Engage. A complete set of tools for casino operators which allows tracking players’ experience and creating unique promotions including cross-game bonuses.
- Back Office. The company offers a web-based management platform with detailed stats and a marketing wizard with various types of bonuses and tournaments.
Despite the rapid growth, the company sticks to games mostly, representing only one side of software development. They also have live dealers and mini-versions of their games. Verdict: NetEnt tries to develop different management systems and marketing platforms but the production of slots still rules the game.
Playtech originated later than its competitors, in 1999. In 2005, the company launched IPO and placed its stocks on London Exchange a year later. Today, Playtech has more than 5000 employees, 20 global licenses, offices in 17 countries, and more importantly, over 600 native games.
We can emphasize the following notable features of Playtech:
- Playtech One. The global initiative which allows gamblers to use a single account and a single wallet to play all games via any device and platform.
- Mexos. A powerful marketing platform with controlling features for casinos, their affiliates, creative departments, customer support, and performance optimization teams.
- Multi-game Jackpot. This project is completely different from other types of jackpot. It combines wagers from different games to create a huge overall prize.
- Unique games. Apart from traditional games there are exotic ones like Mahjong or fixed-odd projects.
Playtech works with several affiliates like Golden Palace or Euro Partners, so the provider’s games, including slots, virtual sports, betting, and live dealers, are available in their networks.
Verdict: Playtech features more titles than other major companies and provides a stylistic variety of games. Their software
may look a bit outdated but it focuses on both gamblers’ and operators’ needs.
To sum it up
As you can see, all three providers match our requirements. They offer a lot of quality games with both desktop and mobile versions, they exist for more than 5 years and have a large audience. Their bonuses may be different but they depend on particular casinos.
Be the FIRST to Know - Join Our Mailing List!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.