If you just got your brand new Samsung Galaxy S9 from a carrier and want to use another sim card of your choice, then you’ve come to the right place. Down below is information about how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9, and unlocking methods that you can use to unlock your S9 in just a few steps.
Sim unlocking is basically allowing your mobile phone (bought through a carrier) to run sims of a different service carrier. Usually, when phones are bought through carriers, they are limited to services provided by said carrier. However, unlocked phones can run all carriers.
You may want to unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 if you want to switch service carriers for many different reasons. Or perhaps, you are overseas and want to insert a local SIM card. It may also increase the resale value of your Galaxy S9 because it will be available to more carriers.
How to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 using your carrier
Here’s the information you may need before starting:
- The Account holder’s name and account number
- IMEI number of your phone
- Your phone number
- The Account holder’s password
- Contract and device payment plan
Unlocking AT&T Phones
- You need to be a current / former subscriber to AT&T
- Your mobile phone device must be from AT&T
- It must not have been reported stolen or lost
- It must be attached to a “good standing” account
- Must not be active on a different AT&T account
- Must have been active for at least 60 days
- Wait the 14-day “buyer’s remorse period”
You can go for an online unlock request form. There, you will either need your IMEI number or your mobile number. They will send you instructions to unlock the device in few business days.
Unlocking Verizon phones
Verizon doesn’t have any online method to unlock your phone, so you’ll have to call 800-711-8300 and request a SIM unlock.
Unlocking your phone through a third party service
You can also unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 through any reliable third party unlocking service. They will provide you the unlock code for your device. Below are the steps
- Provide your phone details and check your unlock code price, availability and compatibility.
- Find out your IMEI number by dialing *#06$ to get the IMEI number and pay securely with Paypal or Credit/Debit Card
- Receive the code to unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 on your email and then complete the unlocking instructions
After you’ve received your Samsung Galaxy S9 unlock code from a reliable third party service like Codes2unlock.com, here are the basic steps to unlocking your phone’s sim.
- Insert the Non-accepted Sim card into the phone and power the phone on
- Your Phone will enter a Sim Network Unlock Pin screen
- Enter the Network Unlock code and press enter
- Your Samsung Galaxy S9 Is now unlocked
This is the easiest and most efficient way to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9.
While there are many reasons to unlock your new Samsung Galaxy S9, as well as many different methods of doing so, you may want third party to unlock your phone because it tends to bethe easiest, fastest and generally the most hassle free way of getting the job done.
Be the FIRST to Know - Join Our Mailing List!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.