Maybe your biggest fear as a blogger is not having anyone read any of your content.
If you are really serious about your business, then you probably realize that you’re going to have to build something that wouldn’t only last for a day but for years to come.
When choosing a niche for your blog, you can’t simply say, “This topic is profitable. Okay, this is what my blog’s going to be about!”
You have to consider certain things if you want your business to last and to make more money blogging.
Read this post so you can get started with the right niche and build a great future for yourself.
Factors to Consider In Choosing the Right Blogging Niche
1. Your passion or interest.
Do you have a genuine interest in something? Are you passionate about a topic which you are willing to invest your time and efforts on?
Remember that writing is an art. If you are not truly interested in what you’re blogging about, you won’t be creative and inspired enough to keep going.
Start by making a list of your personal interest. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I love sports?
- Do I play musical instruments?
- Am good at saving money and making a budget plan?
- Do I like staying fit and healthy?
Based on these interest, your potential niches are:
- Health and Fitness
- Arts and Crafts
Passion is what fuels you to continue learning and writing even if you do not see immediate results.
For sure, you wouldn’t want to experience writer’s block nor would you like your readers to consider content stale.
2. Profitability of your niche.
Does your niche have to be profitable?
The answer is a resounding YES.
There’s no way you can make a living blogging if your passion won’t bring in money. Remember that not every niche is worth your while.
When looking for a profitable niche, make sure you do research. Consider the following:
The number of searches in a particular interest
– Start by doing keyword research to know the monthly searches for a topic. You can use Google Adwords Keyword Planner – it’s for free.
The availability of profitable products to promote
– If you run an affiliate website, you should be able to feature digital or physical products that most people are willing to spend their money on. Visit high paying affiliate sites like ClickBank or Amazon. Enter your desired keywords and check the number of products. Are there tons of available option for you?
The products that people buy no matter the year or season
– According to Niche Hack’s post on the most profitable niches for affiliate marketing, evergreen markets that will always be profitable are Health, Wealth, and Romance.
3. Other blogs within the same niche.
You also need to consider other blogs within your niche.
Are there top performing blogs that have generated massive traffic and conversions? If yes, this shows that your niche is worth trying.
Learn from these leading blogs. Find out what their strategies are for generating money, the resources they offer their audience, and more.
By researching industry players, you’ll know what works for your potential customers.
It’s great to know there are successful blogs around. This means more link building opportunities for you.
Comment on these blogs to join their discussions. This will help you get discovered by their audience as well.
After you check on these blogs, figure out your unique selling proposition.
Questions to Ask Yourself When Selecting Your Blog Topic
- Can I see myself blogging about the same thing in the future without getting tired or bored?
- Am I ready to establish myself as an authority figure in my niche?
- Is my niche long-established or is it short-lived?
- Do I have things to blog about the guarantee to solve people’s problems?
- Am I willing to do a lot of research on my topic?
- Do I have unique stories to share to keep my audience engaged?
So, have you started a blog already? In doing so, you need to pick a domain name to best represent your brand.
The domain name of your blog depends on the niche of your choice. Make it catchy – something that people can easily remember.
Hopefully, this simple guide was able to help you.
Be extra careful when selecting the right niche because if you don’t, you’ll be wasting your efforts and money.
Be the FIRST to Know - Join Our Mailing List!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.