To say that Instagram (IG) has enjoyed phenomenal growth is an understatement. For an app that was launched in 2010 when many other messaging apps were already in use, IG has simply enjoyed phenomenal growth and is now considered the fastest growing app. It might have started as a photo-sharing app for family and friends but today, Instagram is one of the most versatile business marketing tools.
Since launch, over 40 billion photos have been shared and on average, 95 million photos and videos are shared daily. It gets even better; today, IG boasts over 700 million monthly active users (MAUs) and is fast moving to join the billion-user club of its mother company. With over 500 million daily active users (DAUs), it is obvious that this is a platform every marketer should seek to take advantage of.
There are many reasons to incorporate IG into your marketing campaign including better brand visibility, more brand awareness, better engagement levels, more effective marketing and highly targeted marketing.
Instagram Blunders to Avoid
It all starts with real Instagram likes but there are many other factors that should be taken into consideration. For many businesses, the rush to start an Instagram campaign causes them to make errors that are dangerous both to the IG campaign and to the brand reputation. Some of the mistakes to avoid include:
1. Lack of a strategy – Of course, every marketing campaign should have some goals and this applies to your Instagram campaign as well. You have to consider what you aim to achieve by launching an Instagram campaign before you get started. If you want to increase brand awareness, you need to be mindful of the quality of photos you share. On the other hand, if your objective is to drive traffic to your site, make sure you captivate viewers with unforgettable captions and a call to action (CTA).
2. Failure to optimize the IG bio –Your bio is the only chance you have to add a link on IG but most people overlook this glaring opportunity to drive traffic to their websites. With over 2.5 billion likes every day, IG offers great opportunities for traffic which you can then work on converting.
3. Failure to interact – Truth be told, manually responding to every post is not easy yet it has to be done. Like4Like offers a chance to get this done by its automatic liking and following feature, which in turn gives you free Instagram likes. Staying active on your IG account is a great way to grow your following and drive users to your website. You will also build brand trust through relationships you start with your followers on Instagram.
4. Poor quality images – One reason why people visit social media platforms is to get away from the boredom all around them. They want fresh and entraining content and if you only post boring and poor quality images, you will see a surge in unfollowings.
5. Poor use of hashtags – Truth be told, hashtags are the most important aspect of any Instagram campaign and if you are not using them, it will be difficult for your target audience to find you. However, hashtags must be used in the right manner for them to have an impact. Make sure they are relevant, captivating and easily searchable. Avoid overusing them lest they become counterproductive.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.