Gas cutting is a process where fuel or gas is used to cut metals or weld them. Gas cutting is one of the oldest processes of welding. Two French engineers, Edmond Fouche and Charles Picard developed the first gas cutting method for welding which used oxygen-acetylene as the cutting gas. It is important for you to know about the gas cutting process before buying a high quality guide kit.
|Gas Guide Kit|
The practice of cutting gas should be authorized and conducted safely. When dealing with flammable substances like the oxy-acetylene, LPG, hydrogen and alike, one will need to be equipped with various tools and a proper kit. If ignored, you can expect expulsion of flammable gases and fire hazards as a result. Hence, the following guide kit will help.
Tips on what to look for in a High Quality Gas Cutting Guide Kit:
- Determine the Cost accordingly: One of the first things that you need to do is to check the weight of the gas that you will be using for cutting or welding purposes. Do the conversion of the weight. In order to determine the cost of the fuel gas, information about how many cubic feet of the fuel gas can a pound of it deliver or not.
- Check the Oxygen: The amount of oxygen consumed determines how much the cost of cutting will be. Therefore, it is important for you to determine the requirement of the oxygen before you start cutting to set up the costs.
- Heat and Thickness: The amount of heat required cutting the gas and the thickness required to cut determines how much labor you will need to put in and is detrimental to know about the final cost. Also, you should think about the kind of fuel to use, if it will be secondary fuel or for distortion.
- Eye and Skin Protection: When dealing with high flames, it would be important for you to have your eyes and skin protected against the hazardous gases. Injuries like ulcers, infra-red radiation penetration, irritation of skin is likely to occur. Therefore, always be equipped with a full body suit and eye blocking glasses to protect your eyes and skin.
- Be Careful: When you deal with fuels and oxygen supplies, you might get confused and mix up if you are not careful and this can result in a fatal effect. Therefore, label each gas cylinder well; check the pressure regulator and gauges for control. The valve should always have a blowpipe for the proper route of the oxygen, the flame arrestors should be used as well.
- Precautions: It is important that you practice gas cutting after following the precautions. Always use protective means when dealing with combustible gases in order to make sure that they cannot move to any area that is likely to be inflamed. Remember to keep away grease and oil to prevent contamination. Keeps firefighting supplies in case of any fire like san, bucket and a hose as well.
- Ventilation: When cutting gases, you need to always be aware about the ventilation system of the place. The room should be well ventilated for conducting wielding, cutting and emission of nontoxic gases. Always keep an exhaust hood when working with toxic materials and gases.
Some of the very Vital Pointers and Important Facts to Know About:
- If you make contact of the liquid nitrogen with carbon steel then fracture are going to occur.
- Natural gas is not toxic and it will cause asphyxiation if the mixture in the air becomes more than 50%.
- To avoid freeze burns, be careful when you handle liquid nitrogen to avoid any contamination.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.