One word that every business owner hates is ‘Loss’. But, it is also extremely practical to plan for such losses and to see every possible threat to your business from which direct or indirect losses can originate. One of the biggest threats to business organizations everywhere in the world today is cyber crime. It is therefore extremely important for you to protect your business from this threat.
Robust and consistent security awareness training
There is no getting away from the fact that you have to conduct security awareness workshops and training modules for each and every employee in your business organization. This is very vital because employees:
- Will receive and send emails on an everyday basis.
- Are vulnerable to social engineering.
- Need to be invested in securing the business as well.
- May not always have the latest information on the trends in cyber crime and therefore will benefit from information on the same.
Comprehensive risk management policies
Definitely, as a smart business owner you would have invested in the latest measures of cyber security. But sometimes, firewalls and antivirus programs may not be enough in isolation.
Your risk management or cyber security policy should encompass:
- Investment in the best in class risk resilience products.
- Having a rapid response ability when it comes to detection and thwarting of cyber attacks.
- Constantly changing your viewpoint on cyber crime and not getting complacent about anything.
Partnering with cyber security companies
This is perhaps one of the smartest moves that you can make because it means that you have ready access to a company that is dedicated to fighting cyber crime. Outsourcing such expertise will leave you free to concentrate on your core business. More importantly perhaps, it will give you the services of a company of professionals who are keeping track of the latest cyber crime instances and working on combat measures for the same.
Data governance policies
Every business organization has all kinds of data. This is unavoidable. But, it is important that you have up to date and solid data governance policies. Such a set of policies will also go a long way in containing any possible negative fallouts and financial losses to your business organization.
It is good to know and that more and more cyber criminals are turning to blended attacks which simply means that they use a combination of different types of attacks to target your company and whisk away intellectual property rights, corporate information of various kinds and personal data as well. Blended threats bring together various kinds of malware, worms and trojans as well.
It therefore becomes essential for your business organization to have a combination of security measures. Such a combination will involve:
- Education and awareness of threats.
- Client security measures.
- Server security.
- Software Security of various kinds.
- Detailed and implemented compliance policies as well.
No business organization can afford to be lax when it comes to cyber security. Even if you have invested in the latest and the strongest measures, you need to keep them updated constantly. There are many services which protects your business online and Identity Guard could be regarded as one of the best.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.