If one is concentrating on content based advertising, contextual advertising immediately comes in the mind of digital marketing experts. The term contextual advertising is a form of advertising that is mainly targeted to be relevant to any page’s content. This display of ads related to contents function with the help of automated systems. Famous example of contextual advertising is carried out by Google Adsense. The simple logic is that Google robots serve ads which are relevant for users.
The ads which are selected from inventories of advertisers get registered through AdWords. Advertising services are one of the most valuable alternatives to Google Adsense. This form of advertising scans text on the website for keywords based on which ads are displayed on webpage. These ads on the webpage are informative in nature and offer additional information on the product. The ad system is so automated that it returns to specific targeted ads that are based on content visitors view mostly.
Biggest advantage of such type of advertisement display is- the method is cost friendly and highly effective to generate maximum sales and build a niche market for the online business. Infolink ads perform most of the magic as they do a great task of scanning website to improve earnings. Whatever Adsense performs, Infolinks perform same activity of scanning keywords and that is similar to what Adsense does. With Infolinks much improvement is witnessed with algorithm and one gets better results on high click rates.
Beneficial areas of contextual advertising:
1. Businesses can attain maximum popularity on internet through the medium of contextual marketing. Businesses attain niche market as it involves targeted messages for specific customers.
2. As this form of advertising is based on the contents of website, hence links or advertisement that pop-ups during surfing of web pages are informative in nature.
3. Advertisers pay just for the ads that have been clicked by user and not for display of the advertisement on the website. It offers scope for specialized messages that provides option for shopping options with just one click on the link
4. Contextual advertising is mostly clicked by users to search for useful information displayed on the website and that demands more information. User buys product by increasing brand exposure.
5. User convenience is greater in this form of advertising as one has to give very less effort on searches in the World Wide Web. The ads contain links attached with keywords on the text to direct users to the main information with just a click.
6. Imbibes customer engagement for users find the links highly useful and one gets relevant information with links. It helps them engage with the topic without searching it on web page.
7. Such ads help in creating strong content network used mostly for promotional purposes. Ample advertisement is displayed on websites. When Google Adsense are used to display advertisement, better results are obtained in Google Search Engine.
8. Such kind of advertising are mostly useful for bloggers as it makes their blog much relevant and enhances online sales. Placement of ads is mostly based on keywords on content and blog posting. In fact ads are customized mostly to find better niche market.
9. Help in measuring the success rate of ad campaigns to be placed based on geographical location and right demography. Web marketers fix on strategic patterns to ensure maximum benefit is achieved by selecting right geographical location, timeline in hours, months and other parameters of time.
10. Display of contextual advertising offers a fruitful opportunity for visitors to obtain relevant information whether it is in the form of text or multimedia. It does not bombard user with irrelevant information as users are mostly keen on deriving such information for personal knowledge.
Businesses can make maximum money out of their website with Contextual advertising. For all the businesses, it does not demand for huge budget to start off with such ad form. Much emphasis is put on to making the information much relevant and useful for users to find it much delighting to obtain. However with a fare share of merits, this form of advertising is not completely free from good share of demerits.
Few disadvantages of Contextual advertising may be pointed out thus:
1. Placement of such ads right on the middle of the text may annoy user when browsing content
2. Placement of competitors ads along with one’s own ads
3. Distract people from focusing reading an important content
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.