Marketing professionals are investing more money in digital marketing in 2013. This increased investment makes sense considering changing shopping trends. Based on data provided by eMarketer, more than 190 million U.S. consumers will shop online this year. There are many recommended tools to assist marketing professionals in managing online marketing efforts to reap the substantial benefits of tapping into this growing marketplace.
Considering the fast pace of change associated with new technology and a growing consumer base interested in online shopping and research, sophisticated tools are needed to help evaluate online marketing results. Accurately understanding marketing campaign data, and how best to adjust for success as needed, definitely gives any company an important competitive edge over companies that simply work by trial and error. Fortunately these analysis tools are available and affordable.
One of the most exciting aspects of this shift to digital marketing for millions of entrepreneurs is that online marketing levels the playing field between small businesses and large ones. This advantage is viable only if small business management avails its marketing team to the necessary tools for mastering this marketplace. Many small and medium-sized companies are slow to adapt to change and are just starting to cater to online customers. This shift of focus to online customers is only expected to grow in the coming years.
Below are some tools that can positively impact a digital marketing effort.
- Visual content offers an important online tool for engaging prospective customers. Research published in 2012 found that marketers are investing in preferred visual content over text as the best way to attract and engage online shoppers. The statistics support this shift to visual content. The success of Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and videos make it obvious that visual content is in high demand. According to CMS Wire, 56 percent of U.S. citizens will view videos online during this year.
- The Google Remarketer tool offers marketers a vehicle for following people who visit their site with more advertisements even as they move on and visit other sites. The way it works is that site owners can tag pages related to the specific categories of interest related to their business. The service keeps your business name and information in front of prospective customers as they continue to conduct more research.
- ShortStack is a design tool program that adds tabs to Facebook pages. The tabs vary, and can include e-commerce information, contests, and other promotional content.
- ShareThis facilitates social sharing by allowing people to use share buttons to control how each post will be shared. Another service provided by ShareThis is SQI, which stands for Social Quality Index. This index measures a website’s social quality as compared against other sites. A third way to use ShareThis is to use SQ1 Lookup to see the SQI scores of three other company sites.
- Real-time marketing platforms featuring news driven promotions are becoming a preferred content strategy, based on the premise that breaking news is always relevant. Tools designed to assimilate this content and to train staff on methods for incorporating the news into brand marketing are helpful.
- ARC Engagement Platform is an award-winning distribution tool for circulating and updating digital content nationally.
- GA Data Grabber is an analytical tool that provides a way to consolidate multiple reports into a single report that can be added to Excel for analysis purposes.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.