In the RingCentral entrepreneurship blog post, “The Genie in the Phone Cloud: Top 5 Small Biz Features,” the author enumerates some of the ways why RingCentral works for small and medium sized businesses. This includes having an auto-attendant so that your phone system is always on, unlimited toll-free, local and vanity numbers, virtual extensions for departments, and advanced call forwarding options like FindMe and FollowMe.
These features sure are attractive but if you are a business owner, your first question should be, ‘do I need these features for the type of company that I run? Well, RingCentral works for any type of businesses, but there are certain companies that benefit from it more than the others like:
Companies with a large number of employees
If your company employs more than 10 employees, then you can definitely benefit from the phone system. A lot of the plans allow businesses to assign as many extensions as they need per department or per individual. This way, the phone system actually grows as your system grows. In addition, you do not even have to issue a phone to your employee. They can make and receive calls through their virtual extensions via the call controller software that is installed in their computer.
Companies with mobile employees
Do you allow your employees to telecommute? Do you have sales people, collectors or other personnel on the field making transactions in behalf of your business? If yes, then there are a lot of features that you will surely love like:
- Cloud PBX – The PBX system is hosted over the Internet so all users can access it from anywhere.
- Virtual extension – You can connect your employees to your business wherever they are.
- Call forwarding – Use FindMe to forward calls from your extension to several pre-determined numbers or use FollowMe to forward calls to a single number.
- Call conference – Call a meeting with your team even if you are not in the same location.
- Internet fax – Access faxes online. Employees no longer have to be near a fax machine to receive important documents.
- Free apps – Call using your business number from your iPhone, Blackberry, or Android phone and check your Internet fax and voice messages from anywhere there is Internet connection.
Companies who makes lots of outside calls
Does your company make a lot of sales calls? Do you call clients and suppliers for follow ups? If your company is a high volume caller, the RingCentral Office offers unlimited calling within USA and Canada. This way, you no longer have to worry about the minutes consumed for outgoing calls.
Companies who emphasize customer service
A lot of companies are now taking steps towards improving customer service because they want it as part of their brand because great customer service also results in higher customer retention.
Here are some of the ways a robust phone system can help you improve customer service:
- Toll free number – Build a national presence while giving customers an avenue to communicate to your company for free.
- Auto-attendant – Callers will never hear a busy tone.
- Music on hold – Play music while caller is placed on hold.
- Dial-by-name directory – Allow callers to immediately enter extension number of department or individual they are looking for.
If your business falls under one of the types of companies mentioned above, then you can gain big benefits to purchasing this phone service.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.