Did you know that September 12 is National Video Games Day. This is not to be confused with July 8 which is dedicated to video gaming. So, we all know how to celebrate: Play video games all day! But how many of us can afford to take a full day and celebrate?
Everyone can if you plan for it. Once you know what might interfere your massively marathon game play (MMGP) you can make the appropriate plans.
Get Your Game Plan Dialed for National Video Game Day
If you are planning on truly making the most of your National Video Games Day, you need to have your own preplanned game day plan. For a full 24 hours dedicated to video gaming, all extraneous obstacles must be adequately dealt with and removed before Video Games Day can really be enjoyed. Outside interferences can include some of the following:
- Girlfriends/Boyfriends/Non-Video Gaming Addicted Friends
- Bathroom Breaks (Just Kidding)
Videoing Gaming vs. Work, Who Wins on September 12?
If there was ever a day to feel solid about calling in sick, perhaps this is it. You need to make the most of your video gaming opportunity. A few important points to review before calling in sick on National Video Games Day:
- Make sure your immediate boss or supervisor is not aware of National Video Games Day and knows nothing about it. If they do know about it and like video games, you’re out of luck.
- Don’t share your fake sick day video gaming frenzy with anyone else at work. They might try to copy you.
- Call in the morning of your video gaming frenzy and be sure all the video gaming equipment is off and silent. Sound very pathetic and be sure to let them know that you are very contagious. If you have kids, you can blame in on them. Utilize phrases like, it’s spreading all over the school or my kid brought it home from kindergarten. (Make sure you have kids before you use these phrases.) You can also mention it’s only a 24 hour thing, and you certainly don’t want anyone else to get it.
- If your spouse or significant other is not involved in your video gaming sick day, you may be stumped. If they are in with you on your dishonest sick day, have them call in sick for you. Your wife may use this against you later to get a full day of shopping in while you tend the kids, but it’s the price you’ll to pay to get your video gaming fix.
- Make sure that when you return to work after your amazing all day video gaming craze, that you DONOT share how much fun you had with co-workers. You just tell them that you feel much better and how lousy you felt the day before. Keep a low profile with your sick day deception.
Make The Big Plan
For your video game day to be perfect, you must ensure that:
- You have your game junk food already purchased. Snacks must include but are not limited to chips, pop, pizza, candy, and other terrible stuff with ingredients you can’t pronounce like Twinkies.
- You must also provide an old stinky sofa to sit on or saggy bean bags for gamers.
- It’s also an excellent idea to include fellow gamers in your video gaming activities, but only those who are willing to be dishonest and take a sick day just to have the joy of playing video games non-stop for 24 hours.
- If you will be playing with multiple systems, have them all set-up, so you can switch quickly and not waste time trying to find miscellaneous pieces scattered around your apartment.
- Remember your favorite video games and your favorite gaming phrase, “May the force be with you.”
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.