Slow computer trouble is a common problem which takes place these days. It takes place due to an increasing demand in resources such as movies, music, pictures and other files on our computer. However, there are a limited number of resources which a computer can handle and issues such as a low amount of hard disk space leads to these kind of problems. Apart from that, data corruption, overheating of the computer, corrupt operating system, outdated drivers, missing of windows updates, bad files, left over programs and bad quality hardware are some of the other reasons that could also make a computer slow.
There are several solutions which one can use to take charge of the slow computer problems. You are advised to reboot your computer before undertaking any of the steps mentioned below.
- One should ideally have at least 200 to 500 MB free space available. This space will provide room for temporary files as well as file swapping.
- Disable or remove unwanted background programs. These are the programs which start automatically when the computer starts.
- Malware and spyware are some of the biggest problems which result in computer troubles. Thus even in the event of having an anti virus scanner, one should have a program to detect malware.
- Make sure you have all the latest drivers and updates installed on the computer to avoid any trouble shooting problems. Having old drivers can lead to multiple problems as well.
- The computer processor and the computer as a whole should not be over heated as this leads to a fall in the performance levels of the computer. Hair, dust and dirt lead to a constriction in the air flow which leads to overheating. Therefore, ensure that your case and fan is always clean.
- In the event of your computer being more than a year old, it is certain that it would not be able to meet present requirements. Memory upgrading thus becomes an important task which should be undertaken. Alternatively, computers that are older than 5 years might need to be replaced.
- If the above tips do not prove useful, your computer could have serious problems such as hardware issues which would be an indication of a failing part in the computer that requires urgent repair and attention. So then, what are you waiting for – start troubleshooting!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.