Mass Effect 2 has won the ultimate game of the year accolade at the 2010 Golden Joystick awards. The action role-playing game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts, also won role-playing game (RPG) of the year, the world’s oldest gaming award ceremony. This year’s award, which is decided through voting by members of the gaming public, was the biggest ever in the awards 28-year history with over a million and a half votes cast. This success is in addition to Golden Joystick making it into the Guiness World Record as the world’s most popular video game awards.
Note that in order to qualify for this year’s award games had to be released between May 2009 and May 2010, except for the one to watch. Other winners at the event include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Final Fantasy XIII. The full list of winners are as follows.
FULL LIST OF WINNERS
- Action game of the year: Assassin’s Creed II
- Game On Shooter of the year: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Racing game of the year: Forza Motorsport 3
- RPG of the year: Mass Effect 2
- Puzzle game of the year: World of Goo
- Fighting game of the year: Super Street Fighter 4
- Sports game of the year: FIFA 10
- Strategy game of the year: Plants vs. Zombies
- Music game of the year: Guitar Hero 5
- Online game of the year: League of Legends
- Downloadable game of the year: Plants vs. Zombies
- Portable game of the year: Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver
- Soundtrack of the year: Final Fantasy XIII
- One to watch: Call of Duty: Black Ops
- UK Developer of the year: Jagex
- Ultimate game of the year: Mass Effect 2
Watch Mass Effect 2 Trailer:
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.