In addition to the 8 facts discussed in the last article, the following are 7 other facts you should carefully take note of before you decide whether or not to buy an iPad tablet.
- Size: the iPad weighs around 680.38 grams and is about 1.2 inch thick. However, it is not clear how durable the device is in terms of surviving a fall.
- Games: gamers can take advantage of the sharp images on the iPad and its multi-touch and tilt capabilities. The device also supports single and multi-player games while existing iPhone games can be scaled up to fill the screen.
- Music: iPad users have access to the iTunes library. In addition, the device also has in-built mono speakers and users can plug in headphones for dual stereo sound.
- Photos: there is no built-in camera in the iPad so users have to import photos from elsewhere. Imported pictures can be browsed, sorted or used to set up slide-shows and a digital picture frame.
- Movies: because the iPad does not support the widescreen 16:9 format, users will have to look at thick black edges on two sides or cut off some of the picture whilst watching a movie.
- Hardware: the iPad has a standard 3.5-mm jack for headphones, a dock connector port, a built in speaker and a microphone. The 3G models also include a tray for a micro SIM card, however both USB and HDMI ports are conspicuously absent.
- Battery: the lifespan of an iPad’s battery is at least 10-hours when playing video. It can also last for longer i.e. up to a month, if placed on standby although as in the iPhone and iPod, the battery is built-in so they cannot be replaced if broken.
Do you already have an iPad? What other facts should potential users consider before buying one?
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.