In this article we will focus more on the many advantages of smartphones as a result of their popularity and tremendous differences with the traditional mobile phone devices. Smartphones come with many advanced features that help users enhance their communication experience. Indeed, today’s smartphone is nothing less than a mini computer. Apart from helping you in receiving and making phone calls, smartphones give you the following benefits:
- They help you access the internet.
- You can browse websites at any time you wish.
- Get access to latest news and developments across the world.
- Use social networks such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter etc to stay in touch with your near and dear ones.
- Transfer data from and to other devices through various means including the use of USB cables.
- Easy navigation.
- Multiple connectivity.
In addition, unlike a mobile phone, a smartphone is loaded with a sophisticated operating system which allows the running of various applications. For example, the iPhone runs on iOS, Blackberry runs on Blackberry OS and other smart devices run using Google’s Android OS, HP’s web OS, and Microsoft’s Windows 8.
While most mobile phones come loaded with some in built applications such as calendar, alarm clock, calculator, stop watch, address book etc., smartphones offer many more advanced features which includes the ability to share, edit and create document text documents.
Likewise, there are only a handful of mobile phones that offer internet access unlike smartphones where you can get unlimited web access at high speeds with 4G or 3G data networks. This allows access to any website at any time and instant messaging which is one of the main reasons behind the success of smartphones.