Office 365 Home Premium is a productivity suite meant specifically for tablets. Even though so many free productivity softwares are available in the market, Office 365 has been a very good upgrade on the recently released Microsoft Office 2013. Let’s have a look at the functionality in detail so as to know how it can be productive to individuals & organizations.
- Cloud based Office 365 is available for both businesses & home with the version for personal use launched in January & the other one for corporate use expected to be released this month.
- Users will have to get the subscription in order to avail of all software upgrades related to Office 365. With this a user won’t have to go for another version as upgrades will automatically be done.
- With this new version, now Microsoft Office can even run efficiently on tablets with Windows 8 as the operating system. The company transformed the productivity tool into a touch screen tool for achieving this.
- Office 365 supports both Windows 7 & Windows 8 but not the previous versions.
- Office 365 works on five different Windows or Mac PCs with the help of a single subscription.
- All the related work gets automatically saved to Microsoft SkyDrive which helps in accessing the files at any given place.
- 7GB of free storage has been already available with SkyDrive but by subscribing to Office 365 Home Premium, users get an additional 20GB storage.
- Office 365 is different from others in terms of multiple application integration & a huge collection of productivity templates.
- Communication, sharing, & collaboration become seamless with Office 365.
In order to install Office 365 Home Premium:
1. Log on to office [dot] Microsoft [dot] com
2. Enter the product key that you have received from the subscription through a retailer.
3. Follow the step-by-step process after that.
4. All the software files get saved to your hard drive.
Why 365 Home Premium?
Unlike Office 2007 or Office 2010, 365 Home gives users an option to hide the extensive display of tools in each & every tab. Users can now actually opt for what to choose & what not to. It has a much simpler interface compared to Office 2010. New pages being added to Excel, PowerPoint & Word easily synchronize with the templates as well as the account. Moreover, abundant white background & flat buttons make the interface extremely less populated. Interface related features also include radial menus around the selected circle. The suite, with a more cloud integrated & streamlined appearance, gives more of a general feel rather than a complicated one.
Every software has its share of both advantages as well as disadvantages. What is more important is how much Office 365 Home Premium is beneficial to the users. In order to understand this let’s first look at the pros & cons and then accordingly come to a conclusion.
- The good side related to Office 365 is a very familiar software that modifies the interfaces, contains tools that make it easier for common processes to function, & backed by a cloud network which makes it flexible for the users to work from anywhere.
- The bad side is a yearly subscription of $100 might be a costly affair for some users especially when it comes to Apple Mac’s wherein upgradations will be available from next year.
- Considering all good & bad points together, Office 2013 upgrade or Office 365 Home Premium is worth giving a try due to a whole lot of utility tools, as well as a simplified interface which has been redesigned keeping users in mind.
- Understand the phenomenon behind Google Sitelinks.
- Increase the visibility and popularity of your Website.
- Find out how you can improve the link structure of your site.
- Determine how to put your Website on the Google Sitelinks map.
- Learn how you can use Google Sitelinks to get more targeted-SEO traffic to your Website.