Owing to its reputation, your iPhone definitely is a prized possession. It has to be, for it is your best companion. But it will work the way it ought to only if you have maintained it well. So if you are an iPhone lover and would do anything to keep that smart device running in good condition, below are the few tips that can help you out.
Protecting Your iPhone
- One of the reasons for your iPhone to perform indispensible functions is its durability. But for this, utmost care needs to be taken of it to ensure an optimum level of performance.
Firstly, do not use your iPhone in rain, while eating and near the wash basin. Also, do not touch the screen with wet hands.
Avoid using it while on the go or while travelling, as there are chances of it slipping off your hand.
- Do not keep your iPhone on any hot surfaces. The battery performance of iPhone is largely dependent on the surrounding temperature. To maintain its performance, the iPhone should never be exposed to high temperatures.
Taking Care Of Your iPhone
- The speaker of the iPhone is on the left side of the phone and the microphone is present at the right side. You might encounter disturbances while talking or may be unable to hear what the person on the other side is saying. The main reason for this would be that the holes are blocked with dust particles. So, try and keep these areas clean and free of dust particles.
- Certain parts of the device are very sensitive. The headphone jack and dock connector are such parts. The plastic casing on these areas thins out. After using it for sometime, cracks begin to appear in these delicate areas. To prevent this, you will require a hard casing for your iPhone. The screen in turn should have a thin film of skin protection to prevent scratches and stains.
- The best way to charge your iPhone is to let the battery completely drain and then charge it full. On repeating this process a few times, the internal chips sync to provide a better battery life. If your iPhone has turned hot, keep it aside for few hours. If it is emitting heat even when switched off, it probably is a serious concern. This needs to be fixed by the technicians only.
- Take care not to load your iPhone fully. This will lead to crashing of apps. Also download apps from reliable sources. In case your phone hangs, restart and uninstall the latest application immediately.
- If you are charging your iPhone in the car, at the time of turning on and turning off the engine, disconnect the phone. The electrical sparks could cause harm to the iPhone. So, avoid magnets around your iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone once or twice a week to keep the operating system of your phone in the working condition.