Remember when you were struggling to open a website and your slow internet connection made you wait long. At that time, it must have clicked your mind that if the loading of the website was quicker; it would have been outstanding. Major search engines such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google surely consider the loading speed of your website while giving rankings. Furthermore, faster loading Websites can ensure that viewers will stay longer thereby reducing bounce rates.
There are a lot of things to consider while creating, designing and maintaining a good and fast loading website. Similarly, there are a lot of strategies on web optimization that can help you in improving your site loading time. These tips and strategies are related to programming, designing and maintenance of a website.
Strategies on Loading Time and Web Optimization:
- First step is to optimize your website’s HTML code. You must make sure that there are no unnecessary tags and broken links in your web pages. Try to build your website free from errors as errors on the web pages make the website’s speed slow.
- Next strategy for improving the opening speed of your website is to reduce the scripts, flash and graphics used in your web pages. The graphics and flash make big contributions in the loading speed of a website. Therefore, avoid using a lot of heavy images, flash and graphics and try to keep your website simple and professional. Using background colors instead of heavy images is a smart option to reduce the size of your site.
- Try to optimize the heavy files to a maximum extent. In software editors like firework and flash, there are some options available for decreasing the size of a website by optimizing the scripts, flash files and heavy images.
- The next tip is maximizing the area of content. This improves readability of your web pages and reduces loading time. Instead of making your website bulky with heavy graphics and flash, you should switch to simple and light designs for a fast loading website.
- You should smartly spread out the content to improve the loading speed of your website. If your content pages are so long, then you should chop them down into separate logic parts so that the size of your site can be kept low. Graphic buttons look good but they add greatly to the size of a website. It is far better to use text links instead of graphic buttons. These links serve the purpose of graphic buttons perfectly and you can also make them trendy by using CSS styles.
- SSI files or the server side includes files once been called by the server resides in the cache so that on any subsequent request the web page loads quickly. Going for Div tags instead of tables cut down the size of a site. This helps in reducing the loading time of a website. If tables are essential to use then make sure they are of good designs.
Also Read: Top 10 Mistakes In Web Design
- Understand the phenomenon behind Google Sitelinks.
- Increase the visibility and popularity of your Website.
- Find out how you can improve the link structure of your site.
- Determine how to put your Website on the Google Sitelinks map.
- Learn how you can use Google Sitelinks to get more targeted-SEO traffic to your Website.