Producing a professional press release is one skill to master, but making sure it is read by the media is another difficult task.
Journalists are frequently sent press releases in the post and via their email inbox, which unfortunately means they cannot read them all. So how do you make sure your press release stands out from the rest?
Here are three top tips that will ensure your press release will get noticed:
- Press releases must demonstrate that a product or service is newsworthy enough to appear in the national press. A newspaper or magazine will only cover a product or service if they can see it will generate interest from the general public and more importantly, their readership.
- The best press releases are direct, easy to read, relevant and concise. Writing an effective headline that is well-targeted, with a public focus is the easiest way for your story to gain coverage. Make clear what it is you are selling, who you are selling it to, and why you think it will be the leading product in the market.
- As the tone of every publication is different make sure you re-write or update your press releases to reflect their audiences. If your press release is one single page it will look much easier to read and is more likely to be picked up and distributed in the news.
- Understand the phenomenon behind Google Sitelinks.
- Increase the visibility and popularity of your Website.
- Find out how you can improve the link structure of your site.
- Determine how to put your Website on the Google Sitelinks map.
- Learn how you can use Google Sitelinks to get more targeted-SEO traffic to your Website.